Is Asia decoupling from the US economy? Will a mortgage rate freeze in the US help subprime level homeowners? Who is the next up-and-comer on the world industrial stage?
Discussion of these topics and more in our, "Features of the Week".
1. Rio chief says BHP proposal is "dead in the water".
2. The Economist on, "The end of cheap food".
3. Austrian economics vs. Bernanke economics. Define inflation, Ben.
4. Tim Condon of ING speaks with FT.com's "View from the Markets". Topics: a single Asian currency, Chinese inflation, emerging industrial powers, and Asian growth outlook.
5. After China, Vietnam will be the world's factory.
6. Many of the Middle Eastern share markets are rebounding nicely from their 2006 lows.
7. A Q&A with Jim Rogers on China and its/our future.
8. Marc Faber feels we are in a period of synchronized asset bubbles.
9. Look to private transactions to understand trends in the art market, writes Suzanne McGee.
10. A Glimpse of Pottersville. A very interesting piece on the evolution of American mortgage lending.
11. Mortgage rescue plan is, "The Mother of All Bad Ideas", says Peter Schiff.
12. Gold is cheap in real terms. With comments on gold and silver shares.
13. Istanbul's Gypsy quarter to be demolished in favor of planned "culture".
14. "Dinosaur Mummy" found with intact skin, tissue. Remarkable.
Thanks for visiting. Remember to bookmark Finance Trends Matter and share this site with a friend! Enjoy your weekend.