Are you in the mood for a little weekend reading? Good, because we have some great stories and interview clips for you today. Enjoy our, "Features of the week".
1. Congress passes $168 billion "stimulus" package. Yep...
2. Please don't help. "Mr. Practical to the bureaucrats: don't try to fix the markets".
3. The rogue rebuttal. Questions over Société Générale's role in the Jerome Kervail "rogue trader" scandal. More on the unfolding drama from FT.com.
4. Financial Sense Newshour "Energy Roundtable" interview with Matt Simmons, Dr. Robert L. Hirsch, and Jeffrey G. Rubin.
Check this one out. There were some very interesting points made about the economics of finding and producing oil. It is, as far as we know, a finite resource (something economists tend to overlook).
5. So you want to be in charge of monetary policy? Bloomberg's Mark Gilbert on how to be Federal Reserve Chairman.
6. Chapter II: A commerical real estate bust. The Journal thinks the commercial real estate sector might be in trouble.
7. More Fun with the S&P Case-Shiller index. Tim Iacono looks at the economy and home prices.
8. Is natural gas an undervalued commodity? Elliot Gue thinks so.
9. Biofuels deemed a greenhouse threat. Yeah, we know.
10. Khodorkovsky still defiant. Mikhail Khodorkovsky in a face-to-face interview with the Financial Times, his first since 2003.
11. Putin: Russia will match West in new arms race.
12. Controlled Greed points to a Forbes profile of "Superinvestor" Walter Schloss. He's thrifty, follows simple investment guidelines, and loves simple pleasures. My kinda guy.
Thanks for reading Finance Trends Matter.
If you've enjoyed our posts and would like to visit us again, you can subscribe to our blog feed, or bookmark our site to your favorites folder or your favorite social bookmarking site.
Enjoy your weekend!