Glad to see that we made it to the end of another week. Now, sit back and relax. Hope you enjoy our latest edition of, "Features of the week".
1. Whitney Tilson joins FT.com for "View from the Markets".
2. Wall Street firms cut 34,000 jobs, most since 2001 dot-com bust.
3. Jim Rogers sees investment opportunities in Taiwan, and a looming disaster in the Federal Reserve's recent efforts to prop up the markets and save the investment banks.
4. We're living in a bailout nation, says The Big Picture.
5. "Bailouts 101". Minyanville's Mr. Practical, via Bear Mountain Bull.
6. Mugabe's days are numbered regardless of vote, mining industry bets.
7. Famine, farm prices, and aid. Economist reports on rising food prices and resulting social unrest.
8. Globe and Mail on "G-d's Sugar Daddy", investor John Templeton.
9. Book review: The Complete Turtle Trader. M.A. Nystrom.
10. Lew Rockwell details the folly of, "The War on Recession".
11. A 1976 Francis Bacon painting may bring $70 million at auction.
12. Bloomberg profiles Nassim Taleb, whose recent best-selling book, "The Black Swan", has helped broaden his appeal outside the world of finance.
Thanks for reading Finance Trends Matter. Enjoy your weekend!