Warren Buffett goes to Europe, private equity jaunts through Africa, and investors venture into Cambodia. All this and much more in our, "Features of the week".
1. Government's "numbers racket" is about to blow up in our faces.
2. If inflation is low, then why are bond prices falling and yields rising?
3. The market is beginning to think that the Fed will raise interest rates.
4. Africa investment pioneers in private equity initiative.
5. Jim Rogers and Marc Faber advise private-equity investors in Cambodia.
6. The oil market's historic swing to contango: has peak oil "tipped"?
7. Running on empty? Fears over world oil supply move into the mainstream.
8. Gasoline near $4 shortens Memorial Day trips.
9. Backlog of unsold US homes hits record.
10. "Inside the Middle Class: Bad Times Hit the Good Life" (Pew Research).
11. FT Video: Chad Hurley on the future of YouTube and online video.
12. David Gordon on the so-called "Libertarian Paternalism" espoused in Nudge (Thaler, Sunstein).
13. How much could you have if Social Security was your money?
14. Uncommon wisdom shared in our "Planning for Retirement" series.
15. Robert Hirsch and T. Boone Pickens talk oil on CNBC.
16. The Art Trading Fund gets Saatchi tips on the hottest artists around.
17. The Oracle has landed. Warren Buffett goes to Europe and tells audiences in Switzerland and Milan about Berkshire Hathaway's search for European businesses and his personal investment philosophy (Bloomberg Video).
Thanks for reading Finance Trends Matter. Enjoy your holiday weekend!