We bring you our, "Features of the week".
1. Are Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac insolvent?
2. Fannie and Freddie: The $5 trillion mess.
3. Ted Forstmann says we're in the second inning of the credit crisis.
4. Ron Paul: "Something big is going on".
5. US leads world in substance abuse, says WHO study.
6. Peter Schiff talks with Barron's about the US economy.
7. Fiat's $115,000 Maserati defies US slump, gas costs.
8. Media and tech stars mingle in Sun Valley.
9. Bankers use secret clinics to beat breakdown stigma.
10. US adopts capitalism light for housing bailout: Caroline Baum.
11. UK: Russia "backed Litvenenko murder".
12. US killed 47 Afghan civilians in Sunday airstrike.
13. Stratfor releases its third quarter 2008 global intelligence forecast.
14. Zimbabwe's central banker answers to Mugabe, Bible.
15. Frank Holmes lists top performing commodities of 1999-2007.
16. Consider the effects of inflation on your investments.
17. Brian Hunter speaks with Fortune magazine.
18. Sir John Templeton interview with Charlie Rose.
Thanks for reading Finance Trends Matter. Enjoy your weekend!