Ready for news? Get set for our, "Features of the week".
1. US stocks rise, S&P posts best week since April as oil falls.
2. Emerging market shares drop to 1-year low as Russia, China fall.
3. Ford, GM survival odds deteriorate with the economy.
4. Where is the discount window for taxpayers? Protest at the Fed.
5. Marc Faber says we have entered a global recession (Bloomberg).
6. Commodities tumble as CRB index hits a four-month low.
7. America's smartest banker. How come Hudson City Bank is thriving?
8. Hermance says this credit crunch not the worst he's seen.
9. Niall Ferguson: How a local sqaull might become a global tempest.
See also: FT's in depth look at the credit crunch, "The Big Freeze".
10. A personal view of the crisis: Confessions of a risk manager.
11. War erupts in Georgia. Fighting between Russia and Georgia underway.
12. FT takes an in depth look at the Beijing Olympics 2008.
13. Hospitals and health care: EconTalk interview with Arnold Kling.
14. The future of the internet: an iPatriot Act? (Hat tip: LRC blog)
Thanks for reading Finance Trends Matter.
If you would like to keep up with all our new posts and recent content, you can subscribe to our site feed and bookmark this site to your personal "favorites" folder and your favorite social-bookmarking sites (Delicious, StumbleUpon, etc.).
Enjoy your weekend!