Always timely, always thought-provoking. Get a read on the week just ending and the weeks ahead with our, "Features of the week".
1. Touradji rebounds, as Anderson's Ospraie Fund dives.
2. Goldman cuts Merrill to "sell", sees new writedowns.
3. Thursday saw breakdowns in some of the major US stock indexes.
4. PIMCO cries out for taxpayer-funded bailouts and more government intervention in the markets.
5. BIS says the ABX index is overstating subprime RMBS losses.
6. Video: T. Boone Pickens sees oil going back over $150 within a year, and talks his book on wind and natural gas and the desired government subsidies.
7. Five things Republicans and Democrats won't tell you: Caroline Baum.
8. Looking for the next investment bubble: Matthew Lynn.
9. John Rubino compiles the best investment quotes of August 2008.
10. Stock markets: a short history of boom and bust.
11. Marc Faber joins Bloomberg TV to talk oil, airlines, the economy, and the political protests in Thailand.
12. Solzhenitsyn and the struggle for Russia's soul (Stratfor).
13. Is Google turning into Big Brother? Michael Malone on Google Chrome.
14. T.J. Rodgers on free market solutions to global warming.
Thank you for reading Finance Trends Matter.
If you enjoyed this post, and would like to see more, you can subscribe to our free RSS feed or bookmark this site to your favorites folder and social bookmarking sites (Delicious, Stumble Upon, etc.).
Have a nice weekend, and we'll see you next week!