Welcome to this week's edition of our "Features" linkfest. There are plenty of great articles, investor interviews, and video clips ahead, so relax and stay awhile.
1. Everything you ever wanted to know about TARP, but were afraid to ask: US backs away from plan to buy bad assets; TARP and Fed Facilities unravel; Treasury draws fire for shift in rescue; The bailout formerly known as TARP; $700 billion bailout becomes power grab; Hammerin' on Hank; Jim Bianco sees confidence problem from rescue changes.
2. Eurozone tumbles into first-ever recession.
3. Obama pushes for $50 billion bailout for US automakers.
4. Why are bailouts a substitute for Chapter 11 bankruptcy?
5. Jim Rogers shares his views on the markets, the world, and government intervention in the economy.
6. Julian Robertson speaks with Bloomberg about America's economy.
7. Marc Faber says corporate bonds more attractive than stocks.
8. Where valuations and technical support intersect - Chris Ciovacco.
9. US dollar breakout: the USD has broken out to the upside.
10. Bretton Woods II - A Roadmap - Axel Merk.
11. The tab is on us: $5 trillion spent on economic stimulus.
12. Recession deniers peddle same lame excuses - Caroline Baum.
13. CRB roundtrip: commodities plunge erases 4 years of index gains.
14. An interesting history of the electric vehicle (EV) industry.
15. Charlie Rose interviews investor Bill Ackman.
16. Hedge fund chiefs face D.C. hearings on financial system.
17. New legislation paves the way for Putin's swift return.
18. Oil bear markets: charting the current decline in oil.
19. Deflation and decling asset prices are two separate things.
20. Ron Paul discusses the G-20 global economic summit.
Thanks for reading Finance Trends Matter. Enjoy your weekend!