Ready to review/look ahead? Get set for our, "Features of the week".
1. US stocks rally on expectations Geithner will head Treasury.
2. Gold futures surge, briefly topping $800 an ounce.
3. Warren Buffett is unshaken by the latest market meltdown.
4. Fox Business is airing a Warren Buffett Q&A session.
5. European stocks decline, Stoxx index down 50 percent in 2008.
6. Trichet says ECB may cut rates again as economy worsens.
7. Marc Faber sees a potential stock rebound amidst reflation.
8. Treasuries fall, eroding biggest weekly gain since 1987.
9. Niall Fergusson explains the financial crisis in Vanity Fair.
10. Ron Paul on sound money and his latest exchange with Bernanke.
11. Forget Bretton Woods II - we need a gold standard.
12. The TARP is dead, long live TARP.
13. Jim Rogers shares his thoughts on the markets with FT.com.
14. John Paulson adds to $987m profits as Barclay shares slide.
15. Listed derivatives boosted by need for transparency.
16. CME and rivals vie for central clearing and trading of CDS.
17. Bloomberg without Bloomberg - Bloomberg News is expanding at a time when the media industry as a whole is retrenching.
Thanks for reading Finance Trends Matter. If you would like to keep up with all our latest posts, you can bookmark this site to your favorites folder or subscribe to our full blog feed. Ciao!