We lead off this week's "Features" post with a new FT.com interview with Jim Chanos, plus a great deal more on the economy and the markets. Enjoy the show!
1. Hedge fund manager Jim Chanos on FT's "View from the Top".
2. "Washington confident it can forge recovery plan" - NY Times.
Given their recent schemes, I'm quite confident about their ability to cook up some ridiculous new spending plan. But what are the long-term effects on the economy? - ED
3. Can fiscal stimulus revive the US economy? - Frank Shostak.
4. Jim Rogers says, "let the incompetent people go bankrupt".
5. UK economy shrinks most since 1980, in recession.
6. Debating the right way to close Guantanamo Bay facility
7. In depth coverage of Obama's first hundred days - FT.com.
8. How the recession is influencing divorces.
9. Difficult to tell if TJ Maxx is hit hard by recession -The Onion.
10. Global credit crunch has cost Arab nations $2.5 trillion.
11. Frank Barbera looks at the economy that Obama is inheriting.
12. Stratfor: the geopolitics of the next 100 years.
Did you know that readers of Finance Trends Matter are commonly cited as the most witty and fascinating members of their peer groups?
It's true! Okay, I inferred it...but why not let your friends be just as fascinating? Send 'em your favorite Finance Trends posts with the help of the "email post" icon below and you'll have lots to chat about.
Spread the word, and enjoy your weekend!