As you all know, the Dodd-Frank financial reform bill passed the Senate on Thursday and is set to be signed into law by President Obama next week.
What will the future hold for us as a result of finreg, and how will we live in the months and years ahead? Let's look at the week's events and the shape of weeks to come in our, "Features of the week".
1. Senate passes landmark financial reform bill - US News & World Report.
2. The best financial reform? Let bankers fail - Jim Grant.
3. Stocks tumble, yen, treasuries advance on recovery concern - Bloomberg.
4. Jim Grant confident QE 2.0 is just around the corner - Zero Hedge.
5. Goldman Sachs' $550 million SEC settlement summarized in 140.
6. Barry Ritholtz feels SEC case is "a painful loss for Goldman Sachs, with expensive repercussions" - Big Picture.
7. The $4 Trillion Question: Dhaval Joshi provides an illuminating look at housing supply and strategic default - Big Picture.
8. Fed gets more power, responsibility from Finreg - WSJ.com
9. Jeffrey Tucker's new book, Bourbon for Breakfast: Living Outside the Statist Quo is available in hardcopy and free PDF download at Mises.org.
10. Lessons from Irwin Yamamoto - The Kirk Report.
Have a nice weekend, and remember, you can tune in with all our updates and posts via Twitter and our RSS feed.