Some Presidents' Day reading and insights to guide us into the coming week.
Recently popular posts on Finance Trends:
1. Trading psychologists: Overcoming your fear of pulling the trigger.
2. Global macro trading: Lessons from Market Wizard, Colm O'Shea.
3. Lessons from Market Wizard, Ray Dalio. - "Markets teach you that you have to be an independent thinker."
4. Lauren Templeton shares investing lessons from Sir John Templeton. Real wisdom on markets, behavioral finance, and life here.
5. Jim Rogers on Street Smarts and outsized investing returns. Rogers says the 4,200 percent returns he and Soros achieved at Quantum Fund are replicable, if you are passionate and work hard enough.
Items of interest (markets, trading, and insights) from around the web:
1. Excellent Q+A with trader, Brian Shannon: Better Trading With Multiple Timeframes.
2. Joe Fahmy on The Greatest Trading Book Ever.
3. Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich (e-book).
4. On the Invariant Nature of Investor Returns: "We were irrational then and we're irrational now.".
5. Q+A with Chris Kacher and Gil Morales: why they trade like William O'Neil.
Thanks for reading. Check back soon (via RSS and/or Twitter), we'll have a new post in our "Lessons from Hedge Fund Market Wizards" series to share with you and more.
Photo credit: George Washington via Newport Buzz.