Skip to main content

Finance Trends on Financial Blog Watch

I'm pleased to note that Finance Trends Matter was recently highlighted on WallSt.net's radio program, "Financial Blog Watch".

I was interviewed by the show's host, Dennis Olson, and the conversation centered around the issues we cover here at Finance Trends, highlighting important trends in the markets and the economy, and listing some other worthwhile blogs and internet sites that I like to check out.

Anyone who would like to hear the program interview can do so by clicking on the Financial Blog Watch site and listening to the podcast in the site's own media player, or by clicking on the "Download" option for Episode 17 and opening the MP3 clip in your own media player.

If you only have a few minutes to spare today, please do take the opportunity to check out some of the blogs featured in our sidebar's blogroll. As I mentioned in the interview, there are a number of very worthwhile finance and investment blogs on the web, and I've tried to compile a few of those sites in our blogs and links sections.

While I was able to name a few of those sites in the broadcast, there were many more that I wish I could have highlighted specifically. Some of these blogs have directly influenced my writing here and the topics I chose to discuss in the "Blog Watch" interview. I'm sure you'll get as much out of these sites as I have, so take a look!

Also be sure to check out some of the other interesting interviews found on the Financial Blog Watch program. There are some great blogs and bloggers featured here, and you might find a few new sites worth checking out. Enjoy, and we'll see you tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

How to "Pull the Trigger" on Your Trading Ideas

In our last post, I quoted hedge fund manager, Jim Leitner on the importance of following up on your investment ideas.  Today I'd like to follow up and share some thoughts on how you can learn to consistently "pull the trigger" on your best trading setups and investing ideas. In order to help you do that, we'll take from the best and offer up key insights from interviews with top traders and trading psychologists like Alan Farley, Brett Steenbarger, and Doug Hirschhorn .  Now before we get to their key insights on overcoming trading anxiety and pulling the trigger on your trading ideas, let's remember what Jim Leitner said in his interview: "Learn to love to listen to people and when you hear something interesting, follow up on it. Don't just think, "Well that's an interesting idea" only to find out a year later that the company you could've bought shares in is now up 500-fold. You never want to say woulda, coulda, shoulda...

Market Wizard, Steve Clark on Trading: Grow Your Equity Curve

Trading wisdom recap: Steve Clark , founder of Omni Partners, was featured in Jack Schwager's 2012 book, Hedge Fund Market Wizards .  Clark's interview with Schwager provided us with some valuable trading insights; "Lessons from Hedge Fund Market Wizards: Steve Clark" was one of our most popular posts ever. If I had to pick my favorite sections from Clark's chapter, it would be boiled down to these two concepts: "Do more of what works (and less of what doesn't work)" and "Manage your equity curve". Here's his full quote on the supreme importance of growing your equity curve :  "Your job as a trader is to make the line of your equity curve go from bottom left to top right. That's it. Don't get hung up on other supposed "mandates". Protect your capital and the direction of that equity line. "   I will leave you with one last series of quotes from Steve Clark's interview with Jack Schwager. ...

Seth Klarman: Margin of Safety (pdf)

Welcome, readers! Signup for free email updates at the Finance Trends Newsletter . Update: PDF links removed due to DMCA notice. Please see our extensive Klarman book notes below. New visitors, please check the Finance Trends home page for all new posts. Here's something for anyone who has been trying to get a look at Seth Klarman's now famous, and out of print, 1991 investment book, Margin of Safety .  My knowledge of value investing is pretty much limited to what I've read in Ben Graham's The Intelligent Investor (the book which originally popularized the investment concept of a "Margin of Safety"), so check out the wisdom from Seth Klarman and other investing greats in our related posts below. You can also go straight to Ronald Redfield's Margin of Safety book notes .    Related posts: 1. Seth Klarman interviews and Margin of Safety notes     2. Seth Klarman: Lessons from 2008 3. Investing Lessons from Sir John Templeton 4. ...